Moving advice for house and office removals Burton upon Trent - KCR Transport and Removals-Removals services
Moving & Packing Tips
One Month before Moving:
- Gather moving supplies, boxes, tape, Old newspapers, bubble wrap.
- house or flat rental needs.Finalise
- Place legal, medical, and insurance records in a safe and accessible place.
- Speak to the post office to forward your mail to your new address.
- Give your mailers your new address.
- Remember to notify all your friends and family of your new address.
- Banks, insurance companies, and other financial institutions must also be notified.
- Charge card and credit card companies.
- Doctors, dentists, and other service providers.
- Inland revenue authorities and any other government agencies as needed.
- Save moving receipts (many moving expenses are tax deductible).
- Plan your moving budget.
Two Weeks before Moving:
- Inform water, gas, electricity and phone companies of your move
- Recruit moving-day help.
- Confirm travel arrangements.
- Arrange to close or transfer your bank accounts, if needed.
- Keep the following supplies and accessories on hand:
- Boxes, various sizes
- Bubble wrap
- Marker pens
- Tape measure
- Old blankets
- Packing tape and scissors
- Money / credit cards
- Mark each box with the room it is to go in your new home
- Number the boxes and record what is in them.
- Try to pack boxes so as the top closes, so it is far easier to load and stack on the van
- Clearly mark fragile items.
- ( toiletries, medicine, maps, food, and drinks etc). Keep it handy.
Pack a bag of personal items you'll need during the move.
- Keep a first aid kit accessible
- Clothes: Clothes can be packed flat into large boxes, suitcases or even left in drawers, together with any unbreakable belongings.
- Pictures: Smaller pictures can be packed on end in boxes with wrapping paper wrapped around them, Large pictures and mirrors can be packed by using cardboard or a box in its flat packed form.
- China/Crockery: When packing crockery plates/saucers into boxes, always pack them vertically using wrapping paper, this will ensure they are located in their strongest travelling position. Cups, glasses, vases and teapots should all to be packed upright and not on their sides.
- Books: Should be packed without any weight on the spines, If they are not going to have much weight on top of the boxes they can be packed with the spines to the top. Otherwise, they should be packed alternately, one spine to the left then one to the right and so on.
- Keys and Fixings/screws etc: All keys or screws to beds, wardrobes or anything that has been flat packed should be placed into one small box and kept safe as these are the things that usually go missing.
- Lamp shades: can get damaged or crushed very easily. The best way to prevent this is to pack them into solid pieces of furniture such as a Welsh dresser, trunk, or ottoman. Or they should be placed separately in individual boxes.
Moving tips and advise courtesy of Kcr transport uk man and van hire Swadlincote Derbyshire, man and van hire services for small house or office removals in Burton upon Trent, Ashby de la Zouch Tamworth and Coalville.